In this week’s small business news roundup, you’ll find more about an internet tax’s effect on small businesses, what’s to learn from Netflix’s pricing increase, the ecommerce terms you need to know, and lots of business blogging tips. There’s also a link to an inspirational story of a small business making it work—always especially nice to read going into the weekend, no? Let’s get started!
- The Internet Sales Tax: Will It Help or Hurt Small Business?: We touched on the idea of an internet sales tax when discussing Amazon’s dropping of California affiliates, but BNET digs deeper into the issue of whether small businesses would actually benefit from an online tax, which many believe will help them compete with non brick-and-mortar type giants like Amazon.
- Small Business Lessons from Netflix’s Pricing Debacle: One of the biggest business stories lately has been Netflix’s announcement that it would be raising prices by 60%. Carol Tice at Entrepreneur.com tells us how small business owners can learn from Netflix’s mistakes.
- Ecommerce Conversion, Email and Other Marketing Words to Know: If you’re just getting started in online marketing, this guide is invaluable in getting yourself acquainted with all the terms you’re going to need to know. Of course, even if you’ve been around for a while, you may learn something new, so have a look.
- Andy and Evan: A Small Business with Big Ideas: This is the story of a custom-made dress shirt company in New York City that opened in the heart of the recession and is going strong—they’ve even made a shirt for unlikely “fashion icon” Regis Philbin. Inspiring!
- Blogging for the Online Entrepreneur; Blogging Exercises for Entrepreneurs, Bloggers, and Small Business; 6 Tips to Writing Better Blog Posts (or Anything Else): Plenty of blogging tips!
What’s new in your small business world this week?