In this week’s small business news roundup, we’ll talk about how to start a business with a small amount of cash, making sure your LLC or corporation is in compliance, socially conscious small businesses, being “easy, fun and popular,” getting started in small business technology, and a case study about a winery dealing with its I.T. needs. Let’s go!
- Start a small business for less than $150: WFAA out of Dallas/Fort Worth shares this video about starting a business with a complete breakdown of the costs involved.
- Is Your Corporation or LLC in Compliance?: This article from Business Insider is built around a very important point — once you set up your business as a corporation or LLC, in order to make sure you receive all the benefits including limited personal liability, you must make sure your enterprise remains in compliance with the rules of incorporation.
- The Business of Good: News for Socially Responsible Entrepreneurs: Business News Daily shares this weekly wrapup of news regarding businesses that have “embraced [a] socially responsible model, combining a for-profit business with nonprofit sensibilities.”
- 3 Words to Small Business Success: Easy, Fun and Popular: A Forbes blog asks, “What’s the attitude you show up to in your business each day?” This is a nice, uplifting piece if you’re looking to improve the overall atmosphere of your small business.
- Small Business Technology: A Step-by-Step Guide to Getting Started: PC Magazine has compiled this comprehensive guide to help you get up and running with a website, social media, and more. In a related piece, check out a case study about how one small business is dealing with its technology needs in The Tech Audit: A Virtual Winery’s I.T. Challenges from The New York Times.