In this week’s small business news roundup, we’ll talk about small business owners’ attitudes toward the Bush tax cuts, ways to make your small business seem bigger, how to get the loan you need, and how to use technology to get your business on track. Also, for those of you with smartphones, check out some handy small business apps. Let’s go!
- Small Business Owners Demand Repeal of Bush Tax Cuts for the Rich: The small business owners profiled in this article don’t all fall into the same income tax bracket (one earns over $250,000 and another considerably less), but they agree on one thing—tax cuts for the wealthy are not what small businesses need. The argument goes that most small business customers are not in that uppermost tax bracket, and it’s really *their* economic condition that influences how small business will do. This is an interesting take on this issue that I hadn’t seen before. Highly recommended.
- 5 Ways to Move Your Small Business into the Big Leagues: BNET shares how you can make your small business seem bigger by such practices as creating proposal and contract templates, developing pricing schedules, and keeping samples on hand. Small details like these can really bring a lot of professionalism into your business—great tips!
- 6 Tips for Getting a Small Business Loan in 2011: Will you be looking for financing this year? The San Francisco Gate shares some excellent advice to increase your chances of getting the small business loan you need.
- 5 Technology Driven Ways to Get Your Small Business on Track: Finding new ways to save money is always a good move for small businesses; Moberly Monitor shares these five ways that you can “bridge the gap between what [you] need and what [you] can afford.”
- Free iPhone and Android Apps Help Small Businesses: As we’ve discussed here in the past, smartphones are becoming increasingly useful and common small business tools—but are you getting the most out of yours through all the different apps that can help your venture?
What’s new in your small business world this week?