In this week’s small business news roundup, we’ll talk about Intuit’s small business grants, why you should be careful about business credit cards, free training seminars/webinars, and more social media tips. Here we go!
- Intuit to Award $1 Million in Small-Business Grants: As part of its ongoing Love a Local Business campaign, Intuit has pledged to award another $1 million in grants to small businesses up until March 31, 2012. The company will give “$25,000 in hiring grants to a randomly selected business that has been nominated on the website.”
- Small Business Credit Cards Put Consumers at Risk: There have been some very positive changes regarding credit card companies’ practices, but this article points out something very important: “Credit cards that are labeled for business or commercial use are exempt from a recent law enacted to protect consumers against unpredictable interest rates and unrestricted penalty fees.”
- IRS Offers Small Business Webinar: The IRS recently held a webinar for Small Business Week, but if you missed it, keep an eye on the IRS Video Portal as the webinar will be archived there in about two weeks. Topics discussed include small business resources and new opportunities.
- 5 Free Business Training Opportunities: Nice collection of ways you can learn more about running your business from the SBA, MIT, University of the People, Khan Academy, and YouTube EDU.
- Social Media Small Business Trainer: This is another great roundup of posts from Small Business Trends. Click through to find out more about scheduling tweets on Twitter, stay safe on social media, and how not to build links.
What’s new in your small business world this week?