In this week’s small business news roundup, read about how corporate tax reform could affect small businesses and how you can avoid the pitfalls of overly rapid business growth. Also check out a collection of the best small business stories of the week from The Globe and Mail, Small Business Trends’s list of great social media-related posts, and advice from Mashable on effective social media strategies. Enjoy!
- Corporate Tax Reform Could Raise Small Business Taxes by 8 Percent: From Gaebler.com: “Two new studies are claiming that the proposed corporate tax reform could have serious implications in small business finance news, as both conclude that it could have adverse effects on the small business community.”
- The Trap of Growing Too Fast: Business growth is always a good thing, right? Not if it means you’re losing employees and creating cash flow problems without a data system that keeps up. Read on for how to avoid problems that can be created by being too successful too darn fast. File this under: great problem to have!
- Ten best small business stories of the week: The Globe and Mail has rounded up these articles on various aspects of managing small businesses; particularly interesting are pieces on crowdfunding, spy technology in the workplace, and allowing employees to work from home.
- Small Biz Social Media Tips: Another great roundup of posts from Small Business Trends on topics including how to create Twitter content, how bloggers became more influential than celebrities, how you can gain insight about your brand, and much more.
- Social Media for Small Business: 6 Effective Strategies: This is an article from Mashable with some useful practical advice — including the tip that social media isn’t necessarily free. Lots to think about!
What’s new in your small business world this week?