In this week’s small business news roundup, we have encouraging news regarding small business hiring, a new SBA resource, a look at the country’s most helpful small business development centers, PCMag’s picks for small business accounting software, and what not to do with your company blog. Here we go!
- Small Business Hiring Gains Momentum, Paychex, Intuit Data Show: From Bloomberg Business Week, “U.S. small businesses are starting to ramp up hiring 21 months after the end of the deepest recession since the 1930s, supporting Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke’s confidence in a gradual labor-market recovery.”
- Small Business Administration Launches Resource for Lenders: The SBA has announced its online “Lender Toolkit,” which will make it easier for for lenders to find information on the latest lending news, find specific loan types, and even download all necessary forms; of course much of the information on this section of the SBA website can also be useful to borrowers.
- America’s 10 Most Helpful SBDCs: Inc.com takes a closer look at the more than 900 small business development centers throughout the country and crowns the 10 “most active and influential.” How did your local center do?
- The Best Free Small Business Accounting Software: PCMag.com shares the pros and cons of some of the free small business accounting software available, making clear that there is no one-size-fits-all solution as businesses have different needs.
- Top 5 Mistakes to Avoid on Your Company Blog: This Mashable article notes that “a company blog has just as much potential to embarrass your company or alienate customers,” so read up on what *not* to do if you have a company blog.
What’s new in your small business world this week?