In this week’s small business news roundup as we continue to celebrate National Start a Business Month, we’ll talk about small business confidence, credit union lending, the Yellow Pages, an excellent social media guide, and many, many SEO tips for your small business. Let’s go!
- Small Business Confidence Reaches 3-Year High: The Huffington Post reports on this bit of good news, but notes that “while the slight up-tick in confidence pushed NFIB’s [National Federation of Independent Business] Small Business Optimism Index to a three-year high, it was not significant enough to signal a shift into ‘second-gear economic growth,’” according to the NFIB.
- Credit Unions Seek to Lift Small Biz Lending Cap: From Bloomberg Business Week, “A bill introduced by Sen. Mark Udall (D-Colo.) on March 8 would let credit unions increase their small business lending, now capped at 12 percent of assets, to 27 percent.”
- Proposal to Cut Yellow Pages Raises Ire of Small Business Groups: The San Francisco Board of Supervisors is considering a proposal to ban unsolicited deliveries of the Yellow Pages, which has gotten some small businesses upset because they claim the phone book constitutes a large part of their marketing and advertising plans. What do you think?
- Small Business News: The Ultimate Social Media Guide: Small Business Trends has collected “some of the latest and most helpful social media content available to help you get started” on your quest to use social media effectively for your small business.
- 101 Easy, Low-Cost SEO Tips for Small Businesses: The team at DIYSEO has gathered up lots of helpful hints for those of you working on SEO at your websites; even better, the tips are categorized by basic, link-building, and social media and blogging so you can focus on the area or areas you need the most help with.
What’s new in your small business world this week?