In this week’s small business news, we have a video of President Obama’s appearance at a recent event talking about small business growth, an announcement of upcoming small business roundtables with the president, a great roundup of posts from Small Business Trends, and advice on how to decide on which technology is right for you and optimize your use of Google Places. Here we go!
- Listening to Small Businesses: This post from President Obama’s Organizing for America website includes a video of his showing up during a live online session of Advise the Advisers and talking about the importance of small businesses among other topics.
- Obama Names Boulder for Small Business Roundtable: The president has announced that in the upcoming months, he’ll be holding small business roundtables around the country in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Boulder, Durham, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, and the Silicon Valley.
- Small Business News: Lessons for Entrepreneurs: Small Business Trends has this great roundup of posts with lots of useful information including upcoming events that might interest you as well as advice on technology, how to handle customer complaints and employees, and using social media effectively.
- Shopping for Small Business Technology: What Matters Most?: Small Business Trends also has this piece about knowing what questions to ask when choosing the right technology for your business, which “can make the difference between a business-elevating purchase and financial waste.”
- Web Marketing: 10 Tips to Optimize Your Google Places Page: Do you use Google Places? Would you like to learn how to use it more effectively? This article gives great advice for newbies to Google Places, including how to get started on the service.
What’s new in your small business world this week?