This week’s small business roundup has lots of great advice for devising a business plan, naming your business, saving money, starting up a tech business, and choosing the right smartphone for your enterprise. Let’s get started!
- Small Business Strategies: A business plan for Santa: Rhonda Abrams of USA Today recently got a new client — Kris Kringle dba Santa Claus; here are her tips for how Santa can run an even more successful business through the use of marketing, technology, better management, and handling the competition.
- How to Name Your Business: Your business name is without a doubt one of the most important things you should focus on when just starting out; the staff at Entrepreneur.com has some great advice for how you should go about naming your enterprise.
- Money Saving Tips for Small Businesses: Forbes has some great tips for saving money in your small business so you can get “the most wow factor for your financial outlay.” Advice includes using freelance content producers instead of on-staff writers and stock photography instead of custom photo shoots or full-time staff photographers.
- How to Turn Your Tech Dreams Into a Business Reality: Business News Daily shares this advice from Errol Arkilic, who “leads the software and services portfolio of the National Science Foundation (NSF) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.” For those of you with a potential business in the tech field, this is a must-read.
- Is the iPhone the Right Phone for Small Businesses?: Fredric Paul makes the case that the iPhone isn’t necessarily the right smartphone for all small businesses, so if you’re in the market for one, you might want to check this out before buying.
What’s new in your small business world this week?