This week’s small business news roundup starts with an op-ed from President Obama, who assures small business owners he’s on their side. You can also check out some useful customer relationship management apps and tips for buying small business insurance as well as some more information regarding using social media. Here we go!
- Barack Obama: Toward a 21st-Century Regulatory System: President Obama wrote this op-ed in The Wall Street Journal about the executive order he signed recently, which “requires that federal agencies ensure that regulations protect our safety, health and environment while promoting economic growth. And it orders a government-wide review of the rules already on the books to remove outdated regulations that stifle job creation and make our economy less competitive.”
- 9 Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Apps for Small Business: This article breaks down some of the best tools to manage your business by focus: e-mail, collaborative and social, and sales. Something for everyone!
- Five things you should know before buying small business insurance: If you’re in the market for small business insurance, this article gives you advice on what to look out for, starting with the most important tip of all — know who you’re buying from.
- Facebook Pages level the playing field for small businesses: Have you still not created a Facebook page for your business? What are you waiting for?
- 5 Social Media Lessons for Small Businesses: You’ve probably heard all of these lessons before, but it’s always nice to be reminded of certain truths about social media as it relates to small businesses, especially that social media isn’t likely to be a way to make direct sales. Remember the word “social” is in there for a reason.
What’s new in your small business world this week?