Welcome to this week’s small business news roundup! This week we’ll discuss networking online, the importance of small businesses in job creation, and whether you’re underusing the cloud in your enterprise.
First some other great roundups:
- This Week in Small Business: Best Facebook Pages: The New York Times links to articles on misconceptions about social media, how to advertise on Twitter without breaking the budget, easy steps for handling payroll, management secrets of the NFL, dos and don’ts for writing search-engine text ads, and much more.
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: September 12: The Street has links to articles on “fast-growing firms” in “unexpected regions and industrial sectors,” an increase in small business lending, and the timing being right for women entrepreneurs.
And now, the rest!
- Survey: 90% of small-business owners are networking online: From the Los Angeles Times: “Manta, an online forum dedicated to small businesses, surveyed 600 small-business owners nationwide and found that 78% say that using social-networking platforms is just as important as networking in person—if not more so.”
- Is Job Creation From Small Business Slowing? Not So Fast!: Alan Hall at Forbes discusses “[t]wo recent articles [that] take aim at the role small businesses play in the creation of jobs,” and he argues that small business still play a crucial role in this economic recovery.
- Are You Underusing the Cloud? Why Small Businesses Need to Get with the Times: This article at Small Business Trends discusses the importance of cloud computing to small businesses, and one reason is that it “has dramatically lowered barriers that have prevented small businesses from operating as efficiently as much bigger ones.”
What’s new in your small business world this week?