Welcome to this week’s small business news roundup! This week we’ll discuss ways to make more money, why many small biz owners are caught in a holding pattern, why waiting to sell your business might backfire, and lessons to be learned from others’ small biz success.
First some other great roundups:
- This Week in Small Business: Trash Talk: The New York Times links to articles on the Federal Reserve’s taking action (or not), the top five concerns of biz owners, small business lending problems, adding science to the art of sales, and much more.
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: August 30: The Street has links to articles on entrepreneurism at the Republican National Convention, a new marketing app for food trucks, and an upcoming SEC meeting about small businesses.
- Thursday Must-Reads: From The Wall Street Journal, links to articles on business purgatory, crowdfunding, rising real estate prices for office space, and more.
And now, the rest!
- Small Business Strategies: 10 Ways to Make More Money: Rhonda Abrams of USA Today shares her answers to the question; “How do I make more money?” Great advice!
- Many Owners Are Caught in Holding Pattern: From WSJ: “Economic and political uncertainties—including the coming elections, the so-called fiscal cliff and the shaky European market—are putting many small businesses into a holding pattern.”
- Why Waiting to Sell Your Business Might Backfire: Also from WSJ, an article about why waiting to sell a business until after the market recovers may not be the best idea.
- 7 Big Lessons from Today’s Small Business Successes: The Street “profiled all seven of SCORE’s 2012 winners. Each of the winners’ stories had valuable lessons to share with aspiring and established small business owners. Here is a roundup of the biggest lessons from each winner.”
What’s new in your small business world this week?