Welcome to this week’s small business news roundup! This week we’ll discuss small biz owners working more thanks to mobile devices, how one small business made its way into the Olympics, and a free downloadable guide to help you avoid costly payroll mistakes.
First two other great roundups:
- This Week in Small Business: Groupon’s New Deal: The New York Times links to articles on why Paris Hilton’s dogs are better off than you, the dropping price of oil, the million-dollar tweet, Groupon’s move to become the “operating system” for Main Street businesses, and much more.
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: July 18: The Street discusses some misguided words spoken by President Obama regarding small business owners, mobile devices making small biz owners more productive, and the states in which women entrepreneurs are seeing the fastest growth rate.
And now, the rest!
- Small Business Owners Working More, Thanks to Mobile Devices: As noted in The Street’s roundup, mobile devices are making small biz owners more productive–but they are also causing them to work more than ever with nearly half of small biz owners surveyed in a Manta study saying they won’t be taking a vacation this summer.
- How a Small Business Made its Way to the Olympic Games: From the Fox Small Business Center comes the story of Survival Straps of Ponte Vedra, Florida, which will be providing “gear tags, lanyards for neck I.D.s, key chains and ‘survival bracelets’” to the U.S. Olympic team.
- Free Guide Helps American Small Business Owners Avoid Payroll Mistakes: SFGate.com shares a download of a free guide called “7 Common Payroll Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make” from Patriot Software that helps small businesses avoid costly payroll errors.
What’s new in your small business world this week?