This week’s small business news roundup starts off with a reminder that throughout March, LegalZoom will be celebrating National Start Your Business Month; be sure to check out the Start-Your-Business Month Sweepstakes on Facebook!
In the roundup, we’ll discuss the passage of the JOBS Act by the House, a new small business venture capital fund that should especially benefit eco-minded small businesses, and the increase in iPad usage among small and medium sized-business owners.
First two other great roundups:
- This Week in Small Business: An Immense Fiscal Cliff: The New York Times shares links to articles on Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke’s warning that our nation is headed for a “massive fiscal cliff,” gas prices, how listening to customers may doom your startup to failure, an infographic on how small businesses are using social media, and much more.
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: March 8: The Street talks about small businesses pitching the Republican National Convention, the case for using an Android instead of an iPhone as a small business owner, and the House’s voting schedule on bills that affect small businesses.
And now the rest:
- Small business advocates, lawmakers applaud House passage of JOBS Act: The Washington Post’s Small Business Blog reports on “a bill meant to help small businesses grow and go public more quickly, changes that also have garnered widespread support from business groups, members of the Senate and the Obama administration.”
- Eco-minded startups eligible for small business venture capital fund: The Salt Lake Tribune shares news of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s “licensing of the first nationally focused impact investment fund, SJF Ventures III LP.”
- iPad usage is up among small business owners, study finds: The Washington Post reports on a Business Journals study that found iPad use among small and medium-sized business owners has increased four-fold in the past year. Do you use an iPad for your business?
What’s new in your small business world this week?