Welcome to this week’s small business news weekly roundup!
Remember all month long here at LegalZoom, we’ll be celebrating National Start Your Business Month with tips, info, offers, and prizes for those with established businesses and for those who are ready to take the leap and bring their dream to life.
In this week’s roundup, we’ll discuss YouTube tips, how to get bloggers to plug your product, and a new SBA/Visa contest for small businesses who have used government programs to expand their exporting.
Here are some other great roundups:
- This Week in Small Business: It’s On: The New York Times shares links to articles on the sequester, consumer confidence rebounding but still resting at recession levels, a surge of the dollar, why couples should run their weddings like small businesses, Yahoo’s big decision to disallow telecommuting, and much more.
- Small Business Must-Reads: Thursday, March 7: From The Wall Street Journal, links to articles on entrepreneurs who aren’t techies breaking into the app market, the impact of the sequester on small businesses who planned to take the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit, and more.
And now, the rest!
- 7 YouTube Tips for Your Small Business: Video can be one of the best ways to get your marketing message across, so here are some ideas on how to maximize your YouTube time.
- 3 Tips for Getting Some Attention for Your Small Business from Bloggers: Bloggers can give an enormous boost to small business through word-of-mouth advertising, and here Chris Sturk shares tips on how you can get bloggers to notice your small biz.
- It’s a Small (Business) World: The Benefits of Exporting: Karen MIlls, Administrator for the U.S. Small Business Administration, discusses exporting and announces an SBA and Visa competition called the “2013 Export Video Contest,” where “you’ll get the chance to educate other small businesses about the benefits of exporting and the government programs that can help — and you might even win up to $10,000 in prize money from Visa.”
What’s new in your small business world this week?