This week’s small business news roundup starts off with a reminder that we still have one more week left of National Start Your Business Month; be sure to check out LegalZoom’s Start-Your-Business Month Sweepstakes on Facebook!
In the roundup, we’ll discuss PayPal’s new payment service geared toward small businesses, how the Post Office is reaching out to help small businesses send direct mail, where to find small biz ideas, and why social media is still important. Let’s go!
First two other great roundups:
- This Week in Small Business: Follow the Titanic!: The New York Times shares links to articles on the biggest ideas to come out of SXSW, how to be an ethical business, top five mistakes employers make and how to avoid them, the latest on a pending small business bill in the Senate, and much more.
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: March 20: The Street talks about the mobile app competition run by Jon Bon Jovi and the Department of Veteran Affairs, a study that shows start-ups declined in 2011, and QSR Magazine’s tips on local marketing.
And now the rest:
- PayPal’s Small Business Solution Under the Microscope: Wall Street Daily talks about PayPal’s PayPal Here app for small businesses, which provides a free credit card attachment to phones that merchants can use to swipe credit cards.
- Post Office aims to help small businesses send direct mail: The Washington Post via the On Small Business blog reports that “the Post Office announced a new program that aims to simplify direct-mailing for small companies by allowing them to send flyers and mailers without having the exact addresses of their target audience.”
- Small Business Ideas Can Come From Anywhere: Business Insider shares links to articles on finding and executing a new small business idea.
- Social Media Still Fuels Small Business: Business Insider shares this set of links to articles about how important social media still is to small businesses, including tips, tools, and the “rules of engagement.”
What’s new in your small business world this week?