This week’s small business news roundup discusses tax tips, hiring trends, adjusting to changes in the patent system, and the growing importance of Pinterest. Let’s go!
First two other great roundups:
- This Week in Small Business: Jobs!: The New York Times shares links to articles on job growth, news on mobile-payment companies, several links to the increasing presence of Pinterest on the small business scene, and much more.
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Feb. 8: The Street talks about the House attempting to reverse President Obama’s rejection of the Keystone XL oil sands pipeline, figuring out your weaknesses in business so you can better compensate for them, and the Kauffman Foundation’s State of Entrepreneurship Address.
And now the rest:
- Last Minute Tax Tips for Small Business Owners: Fox Business shares some advice from Elizabeth Milito, senior executive counsel at the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB).
- Small Business Hiring Plans Hit Four-Year High: “Twenty-two percent of small-business owners plan on increasing the total number of jobs at their company in the next year, according to a new Wells Fargo/Gallup Small Business Index poll.”
- Business Owners Adjusting to Overhaul of Patent System: From The New York Times: “The most sweeping patent system changes in more than 50 years became law in September with enactment of the America Invents Act, which the White House has said will help turn inventions into businesses faster. Entrepreneurs and small-business owners who rely on the patent system to protect their intellectual property are just starting to understand the changes, which phase in over an 18-month period that ends in March 2013.”
- Pinterest Challenging Google and Twitter for Small Business Bucks: If you are one of those people who has been resisting Pinterest because you think it’s just a silly waste of time, you might want to reconsider. “Shareholic.com reports ‘Pinterest drives more referral traffic than Google Plus, LinkedIn and YouTube combined.’”
What’s new in your small business world this week?