In this week’s small business news roundup, we’ll talk about life insurance, legal mistakes to avoid, how to get your small business website up and running, and tech gift ideas for small business owners.
First, some other roundups:
- This Week in Small Business: Are Consumers (And Jobs) Back?: The New York Times’ small business news roundup, including articles on on consumer confidence, the latest employment numbers, leading business sectors for 2012, and advice on generating referrals.
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Dec. 7 from The Street; topics covered include the nationwide Free Shipping Day of December 16 (as of now, nearly 1,700 merchants are participating), the potential influence of small business votes in the next election, and why your business should be on Google+.
And now the rest:
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to Life Insurance: Quick primer from Ryan Hanley, a licensed insurance agent, for Small Business Trends.
- Top 10 Small Business Legal Mistakes to Avoid: Tips for avoiding mistakes is a common theme here in the small business roundup, but I don’t remember such a list having a legal focus before. Good stuff from Noobpreneur.
- Launching Your Small Business Website: By now you surely know how important having a website can be for a small business, but do you know how to make yours as user-friendly and welcoming as possible? *Very* comprehensive info from Samir Balwani. Bookmark this one, folks. Lots to digest.
- Top 3 Tech Gifts for Small Business Owners: Some gift ideas for your favorite small business owner, who of course, may even be yourself.
What’s new in your small business world this week?