In this week’s small business news roundup, we’ll talk about tips for choosing lifetime income plans, hiring in 2012, choosing the right ISP for your business, and rural small business trends for the upcoming year.
First, some other roundups:
- This Week in Small Business: Making Lists: The New York Times’ small business news roundup, including links to several end of year lists — biggest moments for the markets, most innovative products, most overused buzzwords, worst media disasters, and much, much more.
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Dec. 21: from The Street; topics covered include how many start-ups were founded by immigrants and a successful crowdfunding venture called LuminAid.
And now the rest:
- Six Tips for Small Business Looking to Offer New Lifetime Income Plans: Fox Business offers some advice to small business owners looking for the right retirement plan to offer their employees.
- Is Your Business Planning to Hire in 2012?: Small Business Trends sums up the results of an American Express OPEN survey of small business owners regarding hiring trends from 2002-2011. One interesting finding: “No matter what the economic situation, over the past 10 years the percentage of entrepreneurs who are planning to add employees has consistently surpassed the percentage planning cutbacks.”
- How to choose an ISP for your small business: You may think you’re all set with your Internet service, but this article is at least worth a read in case there’s a better option for you and your business.
- Top 9 Rural Small Business Trends for 2012: For you rural small business owners out there, the predictions for economic growth in rural and local economies actually look pretty good. Great info here.
What’s new in your small business world this week?