This week’s small business news roundup is heavy on social media, blogging, and e-book tips, but there’s also talk of new, free webinars to help your business grow and much more. Here we go!
- This Week in Small Business: For the Win!: The New York Times discusses why we shouldn’t worry about the national debt, an invisible force saving the economy, why small businesses should be on Google Plus, and lots more.
- 6 No-Cost Ways Small Businesses Can Grow, from Ventureneer: SFGate shares news of six classes available through Ventureneer that will teach you “six ways to lower costs, increase sales or make technology work for you.” And yes, they’re free!
- 3 Reasons LinkedIn Makes Sense for Small Business: At Boston.com, Jason Keith discusses how a company page at LinkedIn can help your business.
- Six Ways Small Businesses Can Use Facebook Tabs to Generate Sales, Followers: Fox Business shares the six tabs every business should have on its Facebook page, including a welcome screen, menu tab, coupons, and more.
- Small Business Blogging: 6 Tips to Improve Your Blog in 2012: Who couldn’t improve their small business blog? Some solid advice here, and yes, sharing your content via social media is one of the tips.
- Small Businesses Use E-Books to Build Their Brands: E-books can be great for your business, but an important caveat: “With free content-based giveaways such as white papers and e-books popping up on websites that sell everything from jewelry to overseas junkets, experts say it’s very important for a small business to think carefully about why and how to add e-books and other forms of online content to its marketing mix.” Great info here.
What’s new in your small business world this week? And how is 2012 treating your small business so far?