Starting up a new company can be daunting. It can seem impossible to get the money. You may have this fantastic idea and no way to bring it to life. Has this ever happened to you?
The truth is there are many ways to fund your start up or idea. Here are 10+ ways to get your creative juices flowing on how to fund your start-up:
1. Use your personal savings — If you have money in the bank, and your dream is to own your own company, then isn’t this why you’ve been saving? Don’t be afraid to dip into them and make your business dream come true.
2. Invest your tax refund — Do your taxes early and take that check from the government and put it right into your business. Don’t let yourself take any out for little luxuries, you’ll thank yourself later.
3. Get a loan from a bank — You’re going to need a solid business plan to make this work, but if you do, it can be a great way to get the capital you need.
4. Take out a home equity loan or refinance your home — Either way, it will get you the cash you need to start your business.
5. Apply for grants — There are a lot of government grants out there specifically designed to help start-up companies like your own.
6. Find an investor — If you can’t get a bank loan, but you still think your business loan is viable, try getting investors to sign up.
7. Try working a part-time job while also building your business — If you’re working on building your business so you can’t work a full-time job, try taking on freelancing or something part time in order to bring in extra cash you can put into your start-up.
8. Ask for help from friends and family — You’d be surprised by how many people will answer your call if you ask for help.
9. Monetize a website — If you know how to build and promote a website, it is the newest way to make money in a jiffy. Plus it costs almost nothing if you have the skill set to get it up and running.
10. Sell your stocks — Why keep a stock just sitting there if you can use it to further your career? It may feel like a giant financial leap for some, but if you truly believe in your business, you’ll come out on top.
You don’t need more than $100 : My Story
I was an opera singer who wanted to help entrepreneurs find the resources they needed in order to grow their businesses. I didn’t have the money to build a website or start a business. I was a struggling artist! I was lucky if I could pay my bills. So, I decided to approach three other women about the dream I had and they loved it. With that, Wild Women Entrepreneurs was started with less than $100. We now have 55 chapters in 7 countries. All for less than $100.
That first hand proof that funding an idea without money is achievable was what led me to write this book on how to start up a business with only $100. Maybe you don’t need to really fund your start-up at all.
There are a tons of ways to find the money you need to fund your dream. What are some of your favorites? What’s worked for you? Feel free to share your favorites and your success stories. We’d love to hear from you.