Want to know what’s going on in small business news around the Internet this week?
Here are some of the top stories:
- New Tax Laws Galore for Small Business Owners: Entrepreneur.com runs down new tax laws on the books for 2010 that will affect small businesses. For instance, the Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment Act provides tax incentives for businesses to hire previously unemployed workers. The article also discusses the proposed Small Business and Infrastructure Jobs Tax Act of 2010 known now as HR 4849.
- Small Business Health Care Tax Credit Rolls Out: Another of the new tax provisions Entrepreneur.com mentions in the above article is discussed more at length this article at FresnoBee.com. Small business owners can expect a postcard in the mail from the IRS informing them of health care tax credits, which are part of the recent health care reform signed into law by President Obama.
- How to Attract Investors for Your Small Business: Special thanks to SFGate.com for featuring this article by Sean Joyner at Financial Edge. Sean offers excellent advice for pursuing and securing venture capital, including how to best draw up a convincing business plan and how to present your idea. There’s also a slide show.
- Small Business Loans Increase by 42 Percent: Speaking of financing, this article from APP.com notes that in New Jersey, small business loans have seen an amazing 42% increase over last year’s lending; this boom is believed to be linked to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, commonly known as the Stimulus Act, according to SBA’s N.J. district director.
- Green Is Universal: Eco-Friendly Business: And finally this week, in honor of Earth Day, which was yesterday, here is a handy video from MSNBC and Lisa Alexander, the founder and CEO of Green Life, that explains how you can make your office more green and eco-friendly.
What’s new in your small business world?