The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has announced the 2012 National Trademark Expo, which will take place on Friday, October 19 and Saturday, October 20 at the USPTO offices in Alexandria, Virginia.
Every year, the USPTO holds the Expo “to educate the public about trademarks and their importance in the global marketplace.” To this end, those who hold federally-registered trademarks are invited to submit applications to participate in the event “through educational exhibits, including booths, themed-displays, costumed characters, and inflatables.” There are also seminars and workshops for both children and adults.
Applications will only be accepted until May 18, 2012 and will be judged on the following factors:
- Brand recognition among consumers
- Ability to engage the public’s interest in trademarks
- Educational value of the proposed exhibit to enhance public understanding of the value of trademarks
- Category diversity, in particular whether an applicant’s participation helps ensure that the Expo will feature a variety of different types of trademarks from different sources
Those selected to participate will be notified by June 15, 2012.
Last year’s event saw more than 15,000 visitors, so the Expo is a great way to get your brand noticed. For more information, check out http://www.uspto.gov/TMExpo
- Deadline for 2011 National Trademark Expo Applications Approaching
- National Trademark Expo in Alexandria, Virginia
- USPTO Seeks Nominations for 2012 National Medal of Technology and Innovation
- USPTO and Google Make Online Patent Research Easier — and Free
- USPTO Offers Expedited Patent Review — For a Fee