We’re headed back to Austin for South by Southwest Music Conference and this year we’ll have two great events! Get educated at our panel, then join us for happy hour to unwind.
Infamous Band Disputes & How to Avoid Them
When: Thursday, March 14 @ 3:30pm
Where: Austin Convention Center Room 17A
Hear about the trials, tribulations and aftermath of band warfare from defendants and plaintiffs willing to share behind-the-scenes details of their high-profile legal battles with former band mates. Discover the ramifications of not having a legal band agreement in place as artist and attorney panelists discuss what went wrong and what happens after the divorce. Learn about what you can do to help avoid disputes and protect your interests as an artist/musician. #bandfights
- Joe Escalante – Legal Commentator, The Vandals’ Bassist
- East Bay Ray of Dead Kennedys
- Anita Rivas – Entertainment Attorney/Professor of Music Business & Law
- Neville Johnson – Entertainment Attorney, Johnson & Johnson LLP
- Matthew Belloni – Executive Editor, Hollywood Reporter
Happy Hour w/ Joe Escalante
When: Thursday, March 14 @ 5pm
Where: IFC Crossroads House @ Vice Bar, 302 E. 6th
Chat one-on-one with attorney and Vandals’ bassist Joe Escalante about the legal issues bands face and how to protect yourself and your music. Bring your drink tokens from the panel for extra drinks!