LegalZoom Blog

Legal news and small business tips.

My Insurance Company Refuses to Repair Damage to My Car, What Can I Do About It?

no comments yet

Joe EscalanteHi Joe,

My auto insurance company refused to repair a damaged section of my car that was included in accident coverage. What kind of action can I take against them?

Neco Bonner



Barely Legal Radio w/ Joe Escalante

Technically it’s called “insurance bad faith” and there are lawyers who specialize in it, but it will be impossible to get one to take it unless we’re talking about a $300,000 car or something like that. So small claims court might be the venue for you. That can be very effective.

Check your local county and state court websites for more information.

Attorney Joe Escalante answers your legal questions for free on our Facebook page every Tuesday and Friday at 10 a.m. PT.


Disclaimer: Communications between you and LegalZoom are protected by our Privacy Policy but not by the attorney-client privilege or as work product. LegalZoom provides access to independent attorneys and self-help services at your specific direction. We are not a law firm or a substitute for an attorney or law firm. We cannot provide any kind of advice, explanation, opinion, or recommendation about possible legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms or strategies. Your access to the website is subject to our Terms of Use.

ShareShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail this to someone

Sign up for the LegalZoom newsletter!

Written by

July 29th, 2014 at 10:52 am

Posted in Free Joe