Profile: Joe Escalante is a California attorney, plays bass for the Vandals and owns Kung Fu records. He routinely dispenses free legal advice via Free Joe on the LegalZoom Facebook page and the entertainment legal advice call-in radio program, “Barely Legal Radio.” Joe received his B.A. from UCLA and his J.D. from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles with a focus on antitrust litigation. He has 18 years of experience as an entertainment attorney in Hollywood and has spent 30 years in the music, film, and television business. Joe is semi-retired from the practice of law, but remains an active member of the California State Bar and serves as a judge pro tem for the Superior Court of Los Angeles County.
Posts by Joe Escalante:
- If I File for Bankruptcy, Can They Take My SSI (Supplemental Security Income)?
- Can I Take a Picture of Something in a Store/Business and Use It on My Website?
- With Two Sons and a Significant Other, What Would Be Fair in My Will?
- Is a Recent Unsigned Will More Valid Than an Older Signed Will?
- How Can I Patent an Idea While I’m Still Trying to Find Capital for My Business?
- Should I Do a Sole Proprietorship or LLC for My Photography Business?
- How Important Is a Band Partnership Agreement?
- How Can I Ensure I Own My Business Name, Slogan, Logo and Website Legally?
- Is Using LegalZoom to Make a Will Perfectly Legal in My State (Oregon)?
- Can I Write a Biopic Screenplay Without Getting the Rights?