Profile: Joe Escalante is a California attorney, plays bass for the Vandals and owns Kung Fu records. He routinely dispenses free legal advice via Free Joe on the LegalZoom Facebook page and the entertainment legal advice call-in radio program, “Barely Legal Radio.” Joe received his B.A. from UCLA and his J.D. from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles with a focus on antitrust litigation. He has 18 years of experience as an entertainment attorney in Hollywood and has spent 30 years in the music, film, and television business. Joe is semi-retired from the practice of law, but remains an active member of the California State Bar and serves as a judge pro tem for the Superior Court of Los Angeles County.
Posts by Joe Escalante:
- Can We Challenge Our Bank for Overcharging on Overdraft Fees?
- What Can I Do if My Sister Does Not Disclose Our Deceased Mother’s Estate With Me?
- Will My Music Be Protected with a Copyright?
- What Business Costs Can I Deduct on My Taxes?
- Can a landlord harass me after they served me with a 30-day eviction notice?
- Someone is using my name personal name for their business. What can I do?
- I intend to start an LLC. Will my home address be accessible to the public?
- My Neighbors Start Band Practice at 11p.m.—What Can I Do?
- Can You Extend A Provisional Patent?
- Is it Too Late to Get Visitation Rights for a 14-Year Old Daughter?