Profile: Joe Escalante is a California attorney, plays bass for the Vandals and owns Kung Fu records. He routinely dispenses free legal advice via Free Joe on the LegalZoom Facebook page and the entertainment legal advice call-in radio program, “Barely Legal Radio.” Joe received his B.A. from UCLA and his J.D. from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles with a focus on antitrust litigation. He has 18 years of experience as an entertainment attorney in Hollywood and has spent 30 years in the music, film, and television business. Joe is semi-retired from the practice of law, but remains an active member of the California State Bar and serves as a judge pro tem for the Superior Court of Los Angeles County.
Posts by Joe Escalante:
- Is it Legal to Put “TM” on Your Logo Before You Register the Trademark?
- Can You Be Whited Out of a Will?
- How Do I Protect My Idea?
- How Do I Stop My Ex’s New Partner from Posting Photos of My Child?
- Is it Better to Have a Will or a Living Trust?
- Is an LLC the Best Structure for a Small Business?
- Can I Break My Lease and Sue for a Gnat Infestation?
- What Disclaimer Do I Need to Put on My Facebook Group Page?
- My Insurance Company Refuses to Repair Damage to My Car, What Can I Do About It?
- How Does a Non-Disclosure Agreement Protect My Ideas?